The main content of this page begins here.
The Japan Up Close website ("Site") collects information from users related to areas necessary for the smooth operation of provided services (including but not limited to the provision of information on the Site, acceptance of user questions and comments, News letter Service). The information acquired will be used appropriately within the scope of the purpose of use as shown below.
2. Scope of information acquisition
- The Site automatically collects and stores Internet domain names, IP addresses, OS versions and browser versions from those who access the Site.
- We ask users to register their email addresses and names in order to use the "Newsletter Service".
- We may ask users to submit responses to the questionnaire as well as optionally register their name, gender, email address and postal address in the Site's pages.
- When an email message is sent to the Web Master, the sender's email address will be displayed on the recipient's screen.
3. Purpose of use
- The information acquired in 2.(1) will be used as reference for the smooth operation of services provided by the Site.
- The email addresses acquired in 2.(2) will not be used for purposes other than for sending email notifications as part of the "Newsletter Service," and for provision of information related to Japan Up Close.
- The responses to the questionnaire as well as names, gender, postal addresses, email addresses and other information acquired in 2.(3) will not be used for purposes other than for responding to users' questions and comments, and providing information related to Japan Up Close. The responses to pages such as questionnaire pages will be used as reference for the proper operation of the Site.
- The email addresses acquired in 2.(4) will be used only for responding to senders' comments and questions.
4. Limitation on use and provision
Except in cases of legal disclosure requests, cases of illegal access, threats and other unlawful acts or other special reasons, the information acquired by the Site will not be used by ourselves for purposes other than those described in 3., or be disclosed to third parties, provided, however, that statistical information regarding access to the Site or information on user attributes may at times be made public.
5. Disclosure of own personal information
- With regard to the personal information registered on the "Newsletter" page addressed in 2.(2), one can request to remove or change any part of his/her own personal information as his/her discretion.
6. Scope of application
7. Changes and notices